LeAnne Martin
AuthorSpeaker
Beauty and the Beholder

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Word

The beauty of the written Word. Familiar, well-loved scripture filled with metaphors that become richer every year. Here are two of my favorite poetry passages:

"You turned my wailing into dancing; 
you removed my sackcloth and 
clothed me with joy, 
that my heart may sing to you and 
not be silent. 
O Lord my God, I will give you 
thanks forever" (Psalm 30:11-12).

"He tends his flock like a shepherd;
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young" (Isaiah 40:11).

This week, reread your favorite passage--for the beauty of it.

No comments:

(placeholder)
waterlily

Home | About | Articles | Speaking | Links | Contact | FAQ
Blogs: Christians in the Arts | Beauty and the Beholder

Copyright 2007 LeAnne Martin. Site designed by ChurchGraphics.org